Continuity – The Key to Brand Recognition
If you think about all the easily recognizable brands out there, brands like McDonalds, Coca-Cola, Nike, Apple, Target (just a few that spring to mind), you might think it’s their large marketing budgets that give them the competitive edge when it comes to holding their marketing share.
Well, the large marketing budget certainly helps, but it’s not the key element that makes up the relatively simple formula to easy brand recognition – it’s continuity. Continuity across the brand is key, and it’s what will ensure your brand sticks in the mind of your customers.
Research has shown that regular, continuous marketing makes the biggest impression on current and potential customers, while also enhancing your business’ credibility and professionalism.
So, you know you need brand continiuty, but how do you ensure it in your business?
1. When outsourcing, select a brand development company that offers an A-Z solution to your requirements. No good starting your logo development with one company, your business cards, letter head and brochures with another and your website with someone different again!
2. Pay attention to where and how your brand is positioned in your marketing efforts. Is it in the same location on all material? Are you corporate colours consistent? Do you have continuous calls to action?
3. Develop strict guidelines for the use of your brand. This is especially important if your business sponsors events or charities – ensure they adhere to your brand guide when using your logo.
4. Develop marketing plans that evolve over a period of time. Stay at the forefront of your customer’s mind by leading them through a brand experience.
5. Make your strategies measurable. You need to know what is working and what is not, and adapt your strategies accordingly.